Asset protection is defined as the safeguarding of wealth and assets from attack by future, unsecured creditors.
HTFL represents individuals and businesses in connection with the establishment of comprehensive Asset Protection plans that incorporate both domestic and international components such as limited partnerships, trusts, corporate entities, as well as the laws of foreign countries.
Circumstances in which asset protection planning is needed:
- Individuals or entities facing a lawsuit;
- Individuals in a profession with a high degree of liability (doctor, lawyer, financial advisor, landlord, real estate developer, real estate investor);
- Persons that are debtors and/or guarantors;
- Anyone facing a potential tax or other government liability;
- Anyone that has accumulated, or is about to receive, significant wealth (e.g., inheritance, investment or business success)